Quick Start with Service
🎉 Welcome to Framely! In this guide, we use Hours component as an example to help you have a quick start with service. Hours component is designed to answer end-users' questions about business hours. To lean more about it, see Hours - ReadMe. Let’s get started!
If you want to know more details about terms marked in italics, look them up in glossary which introduces common Framely terminology.
Step 1: Clone Provider
Clone is another way of reuse. Instead of building chatbot from empty slate, you can create a new project by cloning exist chatbot. Provider provides access to implementation for the services. By cloning a provider, it saves time from implementing service by yourself.
👉 To begin with, let's clone Hours provider to your organization.
- Open Hours provider and click Clone Project.
- Choose an organization to clone this provider to.
- When creating a new project, you can change default settings, like renaming your new project label.
- Once you create a new project, Click Deploy to deploy it to Framely.
Step 2: Upload Business Data
When you successfully deploy your project, you can upload business data on Backoffice. In this example, we upload business hours and related information.
- On the left sidebar, you can switch tables in your organization.
- Click Create to add a row.
- Complete the table and click Save. To learn what each column means, see Hours - About Table.
Step 3: Import Component
Component defines how chatbot can collect user intention for some reason so that different businesses in the same sector do not need to build the same CUI behavior over and over again. Import is a way to reuse functionality of Component. By importing Component built by others, there is no need to build functionality from scratch. After you upload business data, let's import Hours component for service.
- Enter your organization, in Chatbots field, Click Create to create a new Chatbot.
- Fill in the form and modify default settings based on your scenario. ❗ Be sure to choose the right TimeZone.
- Open Hours component and Click Import Project. Import this component to the chatbot you just created before.
- Back to your chatbot, in Setting field, click Integrations > Select Service and choose the component we imported before.
- Select Service Provider which you deploy in step 2.
Step 4: Try It Now
Intent is simply a task that end-users accomplish through chatbot. It defines what user have to say to indicate that he/she wants some thing, and which actual function to invoke for that task. Testing your chatbot strats from triggering an intent. To trigger an intent, you can use one of the expressions defined in the intent.
💪 One last step, you are almost there. Let's try to test your chatbot!
- Click Commit.
- When commit successfully, switch to a language agent.
- Click Commit.
- When commit successfully, click Try It Now > Connect.
- 🎊 Well done! Now you can use expressions to ask bot for business hours.
How to find expressions
- Switch to a language agent.
- Click Intents > Imported > Expression.